When the floor covering a well at a temple in Indore sank during Ram Navami celebrations on Thursday, thirteen people lost their lives and were rescued. From the Shri Baleshwar temple in the Sneh Nagar neighborhood of the city, the incident was reported. Following the incident, a number of videos showed the temple in chaos and rescue efforts.
Temple floor sinks during Ram Navami celebrations, several trapped #Indore #indoreincident #indoretemple #BreakingNews pic.twitter.com/zmSUYkLr1R
— kavita kavi (@kavi_kv3883056) March 30, 2023
Narrotam Mishra, the Madhya Pradesh Home Minister, informed reporters that the incident resulted in the deaths of thirteen individuals. 19 bodies have been rescued, including 10 females and 1 male, from the location. Among the safeguarded individuals, two individuals surrendered to wounds. According to reports, worshipers were standing over the well when its cover gave way.
Prime Minister Tweeted On Incident
Extremely pained by the mishap in Indore. Spoke to CM @ChouhanShivraj Ji and took an update on the situation. The State Government is spearheading rescue and relief work at a quick pace. My prayers with all those affected and their families.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 30, 2023
People who were still trapped inside the well were being rescued. At the time of the incident, approximately two dozen people were standing on the step well, according to eyewitnesses. Ambulances and fire departments, according to locals, did not arrive on time.
In the meantime, the incident was reported to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who ordered authorities to speed up the temple’s rescue efforts.
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan said an ex-gratia amount of Rs 5 lakh would be given to next of kin of deceased while Rs 50,000 would be given to the injured.
According to the office of the Chief Minister, they were in constant communication with the Indore district administration. The chief minister confirmed that ten people had been rescued, while nine others were still trapped.
CM Chouhan stated that the incident did not result in any casualties and that he was keeping an eye on the situation.
At the scene, senior members of the Indore Police and district administration were present.
Update, 31 March 2023 | 8:00 AM
The loss of life in the Indore sanctuary stepwell breakdown occurrence has surged to 35, Indore Collector Dr. Ilayaraja T said on Friday. “35 people perished, one went missing, and 14 people were rescued. After receiving treatment, two individuals safely returned home.
The Indore Collector stated, “The search operation to trace persons reported missing is underway.” “Collector Ilayaraja T added that the 18-hour rescue operation began around 12:30 on Thursday and is still going on. Officials say that the operation is being carried out by a group of 75 soldiers, the NDRF, and the SDRF.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook fb.com/thevoiceofsikkim or follow us on Twitter twitter.com/thevoicesikkim and Instagram instagram.com/thevoiceofsikkim. Visit www.voiceofsikkim.com.