The major announcements made on the 26th Sikkim Democratic Front Party Foundation Day held at Mining Ground, Rangpo on 4th March, 2018 for general convenience as well as for taking necessary action by the Secretaries/HODs/Officers of different departments for implementation forthwith from 1st April 2018.
1. Rupees One crore cash award to be granted every year to progressive farmer of the State who is able to:-
(a) Make optimum use of his/her land for cultivation.
(b) Produces maximum organic products, and
(c) Quality organic produce
2. A youth of the State excelling in Start-up entrepreneurial project or in the service sector will be given a cash award of rupees one crore every year.
3. Signboards are to be written in all local recognized languages. For example in Mangan it should be English, Bhutia, Lepcha, Limboo and Nepali languages and in Kaluk it should be English, Nepali, Gurung, Limboo, Bhutia, Lepcha.
4. Salaries of all adhoc employees, Panchayat Members, Councillors of Nagar Panchayats, Municipalities and Municpal Corporations to be enhanced in the Pay Revision.
5. Salaries of MLAs, Ministers will also be increased from the next financial year.
6. Ex-gratia payment for Drivers of the State dying in accidents to be increased from Rs.2 lakhs to Rs.5 lakhs.
7. Home Guards serving for 15 years and above continuously to be regularised and absorbed as Night guards/Day guards in Hospitals.Women Home Guards serving continously for 15 years and above shall be regularised as Peons.
8. Honorarium for Anganwadi and Aasha workers to be increased from the next financial year.
9. Muster Roll employees working for 5 years and above to be regularised.
10. Pay Committee recommendations to be implemented from 1st April, 2018.
11. Parks and Gardens to be developed at BAC levels.
12. Open theatre, Eco-smart city and Gym Hall to be constructed at all BAC/BDO level.
13. Playgrounds to be constructed at every GPU ward level.
14. Futsal ground to be constructed at every Sub-division level.
15. Bowling game to be developed at each District Headquarters.
16. Wi-Fi cities, internet and cyber culture centre including cyber club to be developed in all Districts to make Sikkim a smart State.
17. Food street and fashion street to be developed in the four Districts with local handicrafts and flower sale counters.
18. Noise pollution free Bazaars to be developed across the State.
19. Maximum tree plantation drive to be carried out across the State.
20. Toilets/Washrooms to be constructed in all public places.
21. Provide qualitative public transport system and proper waste management system to be maintained.
22. Further improve delivery of services to the people.
23. All necessary steps to be undertaken for protection and preservation of the State’s culture and heritage.
24. Science and Technology parks to be developed in all four Districts.
25. Tunnelling of roads to be done wherever necessary.
26. An undergound city with underground road to be developed in Gangtok.
27. Study Centres for Scheduled Caste, Sherpa, Bhujel and Tamang communities will be developed.
28. Library to be constructed at all GPU levels.
29. Jungle / forest therapy to be introduced under Tourism Department.
30. Facilities to Son/Daughter of RC/Trade licence holders of Sikkim to obtain RC/Trade licence similarly.
31. State Medical College to be functional at the 1000 bedded hospital at Gangtok.
32. Free E-learning centres to be developed at all BAC levels.
33. All sports activities like Boxing, Badminton, Table Tennies, Archery, Chess, Volleyball, Cricket, Football, etc. to be promoted with funding assistance from the Government to their Associations.
34. Coaching in All India Services for aspiring youth to be facilitated.
35. All Livelihood Schools to be upgraded.
36. Washrooms in all Bazars to be opened.
All concerned Departments should take immediate necessary action for
implementation of the above schemes with information to my Office.